Previously, he was Lead Economist on digital currencies and P2P financial systems at Deutsche Bundesbank, Frankfurt. Paolo is the co-author of the bestseller FINTECH Book and the co-editor of the book Banking Beyond Banks and Money. In addition, he is author of various scientific papers about blockchain, which have been published by prestigious international scientific journals, such as the Harvard Business Review. As Executive Director of the UCL CBT, Paolo is also directly involved in various research projects concerning different application fields of blockchain technologies. Among them, the BARAC Project (Blockchain Technology for Algorithmic Regulation and Compliance) supported by EPSRC, and the P2P-IoET Project (The Internet of Energy Things: Supporting peer-to-peer energy trading and demand side management through blockchains) supported by Lloyds Register Foundation.
Dr Tasca holds an M.A in Politics and Economics (summa cum laude) from the University of Padua and a M.Sc. in Economics and Finance from Ca’ Foscari, Venice. He did his PhD studies in Business between Ca’ Foscari Venice and ETH, Zürich. His doctoral dissertation on systemic risk in financial markets was subsidized by the Swiss National Science Foundation with more than 500.000 €.
- Research Associate, University of Cape Town Financial Innovation Lab
- Honorary Research Fellow, University College London
- Research Associate, London School of Economics
- Research Fellow, SAGE’s Macro Finance Area at CFS Goethe Universität
- Research Associate, Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire Internet et Société
- Board member, Cyprus Blockchain Innovation Centre
- Senior Advisor, Beihang Blockchain&Digital Society Laboratory, Beijing
- Steering Committee Member, Construction Blockchain Consortium
- Research Advisor, World Food Program, UN
- Permanent Member ISO TC307
- Member DLT/1 Technical Committee, British Standard Institution, London
The UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies, UCL-CBT
He is the Executive Director of this world-leading research hub with an industry focus. Based in University College London, it is committed to understand the impact of Blockchain technologies in our socio-economic systems, while promoting the development and adoption of Blockchain-based platforms.
Jiangsu huaxin Blockchain Research Institute, JBI
He is the Dean of Research of this first Chinese state-owned enterprise to focus solely on blockchain technologies. Based in Nanjing, JBI will seek to offer services working on academic research, education, political engagement and product development centred on blockchain technologies.
Academic and institutional work on P2P financial systems
Dr. Tasca participates in several research projects and is usually involved in the writing and promotion of scientific papers, journals, chapter in books and lectures about digital innovation, P2P financial systems and Fintech.
Fields of expertise
Fintech innovation for businesses, institutions and startups
With proficiency and experience in corporate consultancy, his ideas on innovation can make an impact in those seeking not only to understand but to thrive in the new and only digital financial world.
In-House Training Programs
Strategy and Development
Legal and Regulation
Mentorship for Startups
Financial digital innovation
Paolo Tasca travels the world with speaking engagements in financial global events and custom keynotes about P2P technologies and their impact on society.
See all keynotes
I believe that blockchain can open the way to an authentic sharing economy where end-users are the only beneficiaries of the market value generated by the platforms. Blockchain will bring us from centralised to decentralised platforms. The platforms will be directly controlled by the end users, censorship resistant, flexible and scalable.
— Paolo Tasca
Some of the institutions and media that have sought advice, expertise and insights from Dr. Tasca:
- Visiting Research Economist, Deutsche Bundesbank
- Lead P2P Economist, Deutsche Bundesbank
- Advisor of the ECON Committee, European Parliament
- Co-Founder and Managing Director, ECUREX, GmbH
- Research Officer, London School of Economics, Systemic Risk Centre
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Chair of Systems Design, MTEC, ETH
- Visiting Scholar, Chair of Systems Design, MTEC, ETH
- Advisor of the Board of Directors, Finlogix, Inc., Houston, USA
- External Consultant, Diaman SIM, Venice
- 2007-2012 Ph.D, Business, Ca’Foscari University of Venice and ETH Zürich
- 2006-2007 M.Sc., Economics and Finance, Ca’Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- 2000-2005 M.A., Politics and Economics, Summa cum laude, University of Padua, Italy